Whyalla businesses are lighting up their shopfronts to help bring the joy of Christmas to the city.
A number of local businesses and community groups have put their hand up to take part in the Whyalla City Council's Christmas Incentive Scheme and mayor Clare McLaughlin thanked those involved.
"The incentive was implemented as a pilot opportunity to help reactivate the city post-COVID-19," she said.
"We'd like to encourage residents to take a drive around Whyalla and enjoy these beautiful and surprising window experiences during the month of December.
"Our hope is that residents will be enticed to check out a host of local shops, helping promote local spending - that's good news for everyone."
Karen Harrison of Kazza's Helium Connections was thrilled to be part of the scheme.
"I think this scheme is fantastic as it's an incentive to get creative and do something a little bit different," she said.
"I've really enjoyed having free reign to let my imagination go a little bit wild."
Her vision and creativity resulted in a festive window featuring elves taking over the North Pole and renaming it 'Elf Pole'.
"It's brought happiness to my heart and it's so great to see the happiness and excitement on the kid's faces as they check out the window," Ms Harrison said.
She thanked Matt Malley for custom-painting the backdrop and Ron Bowley for helping with the lights, as well as the council for conceiving the idea and offering the scheme to local businesses.
"It's been a difficult year and I'd like to give Whyalla Council a huge thank you for coming up with this Christmas initiative," Ms Harrison said.
"I'd also like to wish the community a merry Christmas and encourage them to bring the kids down and have a look at the windows at nighttime when it's all lit up, it's just magical."
View the displays at:
- Adelaide Rural Clinical School - University of Adelaide, 9-11 Darling Tce
- Top Of Town Lingerie, 20 Patterson St
- Hardings Furniture, 21-23 Patterson St
- Zancott Recruitment, 29 Patterson St
- Hardings Furniture, 35 Patterson St
- Whisk Away, 49 Patterson St
- Stay Safe Training, 13 Horwood St
- Beauty by Aleesha, 70 Essington Lewis Ave
- Passion for Hair, Shop 2, 75 Essington Lewis Ave
- Breeze Bistro, 94 Essington Lewis Ave
- D'Faces of Youth Arts, 14 Viscount Slim Ave
- Your Dental Care, 122 Nicolson Ave
- Kazza's Helium Connection, Shop 5, Flinders Ave, One Stop Shopping Centre