Local councils in the electorate of Grey will be allocated funding through the Federal Government's $1.8 billion boost for road and community projects to support local jobs, businesses and economies.
The package includes a new $500 million Local Road and Community Infrastructure Program and fast tracking the $1.3 billion 2020-21 Financial Assistance Grant payment.
Federal Member for Grey Rowan Ramsey said the new program was based on the Roads to Recovery project.
"Not only will this package support jobs, construction businesses and the economy across Barker, it will improve our local roads and provide for new and upgraded amenities to help communities stay connected," Mr Ramsey said.
"A broad range of community infrastructure projects will be eligible including new or upgraded bicycle and walking paths, community facilities, and picnic shelters and barbeque facilities at parks."
The councils in the Grey electorate to receive funding are:
- Adelaide Plains Council - $345,459
- Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara - $234,437
- Barunga West Council - $279,118
- District Council of Ceduna - $529,407
- Clare and Gilbert Valleys Council - $477,275
- District Council of Cleve - $483,287
- District Council of Coober Pedy - $129,085
- Copper Coast Council - $412,199
- District Council of Elliston - $498,641
- The Flinders Ranges Council - $386,357
- District Council of Franklin Harbour - $303,556
- Regional Council of Goyder - $767,234
- District Council of Kimba - $389,012
- Light Regional Council - $505,918
- District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula - $508,294
- Maralinga Tjarutja - $136,599
- District Council of Mount Remarkable - $453,865
- Nipapanha Community Aboriginal Corporation - $102,304
- Northern Areas Council - $489,849
- District Council of Orroroo/Carrieton - $341,598
- District Council of Peterborough - $330,216
- Port Augusta City Council - $369,020
- City of Port Lincoln - $306,196
- Port Pirie Regional Council - $555,731
- SA Roxby Downs Council - $146,865
- District Council of Streaky Bay - $551,708
- District Council of Tumby Bay - $348,744
- Wakefield Regional Council - $619,143
- The Corporation of The City of Whyalla - $467,667
- Wudinna District Council - $484,719
- Yalata Anangu Aboriginal Corporation - $125,977
- Yorke Peninsula Council - $903,914