The Whyalla City Council has announced a number of service closures following the federal government's latest coronavirus advice.
The following services will be closed from 5pm this afternoon (Wednesday 25 March).
Whyalla Public Library
- The Library will be closed.
- All programs including Story Time, Giggle Pots, IT assistance with Lee, group bookings, meetings and our JP service have been suspended.
- Library patrons are encouraged to access e-resources such as Libby, for all your e-books and audio books; and Press reader, for a huge number of magazines and newspapers. These are available on your mobile devices by downloading the apps through the app store.
Whyalla Visitor Centre
- The Visitor Centre will be closed.
- Visitor information is available via the adjacent 24-hour information bay and information packs can be picked up from the Visitor Centre verandah.
- Assistance continues to be offered remotely - freecall 1800 088 589 or email@example.com
Whyalla Maritime Museum
- The Maritime Museum complex including the gardens will be closed.
Community facilities will be closed and not available for hire, this includes
- Field Street Hall.
- The former Girl Guide Hall at Jessop-White Park.
- The training rooms at the Whyalla Business Centre (co-located with RDA-WEP on Nicolson Ave).
For links to trusted sources about coronavirus including check your symptoms, national health updates, local health updates and information, the latest travel advice and where to call with general questions, please go to the Council webpage https://www.whyalla.sa.gov.au/covid-19 .