BBQ cylinder ignites fire

A fire reportedly started by a barbecue cylinder has caused between $20,000-$30,000 in damage to a Whyalla Playford home.

Two Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) appliances attended the home Tuesday afternoon and extinguished the blaze, which began inside a shed in the rear yard of the property, in 45 minutes.

According to an MFS spokesperson, an LPG cylinder leaking gas which then ignited was the cause of the fire.

The occupants of the property were home at the time but no one was seriously injured. One man was treated for smoke inhalation by SA Ambulance as a precaution\