Anglicare offering tax help

Tax time is here and the Australian Taxation Office's (ATO) Tax Help Service will be assisting low-income earners with simple tax affairs to complete their tax return online with myTax.

Anglicare Whyalla's Tax Help Volunteers provide a free and confidential service from August to the end of October for people on low incomes of around $60,000 or less providing they are not self-employed, work as a contractor, own a rental property, have a partnership or trust or receive a foreign income to get their tax right.


  • On low incomes of around $60,000 per annum or less;

Providing they are not:

  • Self-employed
  • Work as a contractor
  • Own a rental property
  • Have a partnership or trust
  • Receive a foreign income

Tax Help can help with lodging and amending tax returns online using myTax, or to claim a refund of franking credits. Volunteers can also help claim any deductions and offsets you may be entitled to.

They can also help you complete a non-lodgment.

If you're eligible for Tax Help and use email, you will need a myGov account linked to the ATO.

Volunteers can help you create your myGov account and link it to the ATO if you haven't done this already.

If you don't use email, our Tax Help volunteers can still assist.

How to get in touch

Please phone Anglicare 8649 1026 or email anglicarewhyalla@internode.on.net to find out if you're eligible for help and make an appointment.