Businesses in Whyalla’s City Plaza are turning their buildings pink to raise funds for Whyalla Pink Spirits this October.
Last year the group of local business owners raised $2500 which Pink Spirits used to purchase new wigs for the Hair to Help Wig Library which supports cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
This year, they hope to raise even more funds. Below are the fundraising activities being undertaken by the City Plaza Businesses:
- Fitness on Forsyth have a donation tin in house
- U Pedal Cycles will donate $1 for every thorn proof tube sold in October
- Espresso Cafe will donate 50 cents from every coffee solid In October
- Snap Fitness will raise funds by auctioning off trainers for a Train the Trainer session
- Elders Insurance and Elders Real Estate will have a collection tin in their offices, a huge basket of goods to raffle off, and a sausage sizzle later in the month
- Matilda’s Place will donate 5 per cent of sales of items in the colour pink, including lollies, chips and any homewares.
- Simply Good Health will donate $1 from each pink finger bun sold in October
Cafe Espresso owner Liz Attard said the businesses enjoyed supporting the community.
“Everything goes back into the community, it’s good for everybody,” she said.