There will be two road closures this weekend (February 10 and 11) in Whyalla.
On Saturday evening, between 5pm and 10pm, there will be road closures around the western carpark of the foreshore for the Xtreme Powerfest’s Beach Cruise.
Roberts Terrace past Beach Road will be closed as will the western carpark and down the foreshore road. Access to the South Whyalla Football Club will still be possible off Roberts Terrace.
On Sunday, there will be a number of roads closed in the city for the Whyalla Cycling Club’s Junior State Criterium Championships road race.
Starting at 9am, a 1.4km closed street circuit has been created with Jessop Park in the centre where the start and finish lines are located. The City of Whyalla has closed these streets off from 9am to 1pm.
The roads affected for the cycling road race include:
- McBryde Terrace (Whitehead Street to Darling Terrace)
- Darling Terrace (McBryde Terrace to Forsyth Street)
- Forsyth Street (Darling Terrace to Farrell Street)
- Farrell Street (Forsyth Street to Whitehead Street)
- Whitehead Street (McBryde Terrace to Darling Terrace)