GFG Alliance has informed the Whyalla community that there will be iron ore trucking activity along Playford Avenue during November.
The material – which is critical to the operation of the Blast Furnace – is occasionally trucked to the Steelworks to replenish back‐up stockpile stocks.
Five trucks will operate in a day‐shift circuit from this Wednesday, November 1, through to Wednesday, November 15.
As always, steps to minimise safety and environmental impacts have been taken and include:
- All loads being fully covered
- Transporting only lump iron ore – a large material with very low fugitive dust potential
- Trucks travelling in the right‐hand land along Playford Avenue at no more than 40 km/hr
- Ceasing hauling under poor weather conditions to minimise material drag‐out and potential safety issues
- Utilising existing Environmental Management Plan and Fugitive Dusk Ranking systems
- Clearly numbering trucks to allow easy identification by members of the public in the event of any concerns
GFG Alliance encourages anyone with any queries or concerns to contact its Community and Stakeholder
Engagement Advisor, Denise Sharp, on 0447 039 358.